11/8/05

Diet Coke Please

I think its time for me to admit that I am addicted to Diet Coke. I have been pretty good in recent weeks, but today, when I went to the cave to buy a bottle of water, and my hand subconsciously moved to the Diet Coke button on the vending machine, I realized that I have an addiciton. I also realized this when Sunny asked for a sip and told me how disgusting it was, and then, while I evaluated the taste, reazlised the it totally revolting, but that I enjoy it anyway. I should probably try to remedy this addiciton, but I'm sure next time I go to Wegmans (which really needs to happen in the very near future) I will buy more Diet Coke with Lime, which I am addicted to even more so than plain Diet Coke. We finally received our midterms back in Linguistics and I was surprised to receive an 80/90!!!! I hope that very soon this will change to an 84/90 becuase on one question which asked you to list four places of articulation, I listed the actual places (teeth, lips, alveolar ridge) instead of listing the names for those sounds (interdental, bilabial, alveolar). The TA said that this question wasn't counted because several people were confused...but on mine she subtracted 4. This is the difference between an A and a B+...so I am going to complain about it. I actually got the entire sepctrograph section wrong (-10) but I managed to write my name correctly in IPA so I earned that 10 points back!!! The three Eastman Students did VERY well, both scoring above me...Ian got 100% I can't say that same for the girls who sit in front of us...they seemed kind of sad. Today I officially moved back to practicing at the school. I realized that practicing at the apartment was just not working for me. I managed to practice for a good 2.5 hours (brushed up Popper #10, did slow intonation practice on Bach Prelude/Sarabande as well as parts of Dvorak)...things seem to be looking up in the practice department for once! However, I will still not be returning the chair that I stole (making me a horrible person...among other things, such as the frog incident)...I may need it sometime in the future...and it also gives me an excuse to have my room look cluttered and messy (since there are too many things in there).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let's have a coke party!!!!

philosophia said...

Ha ha. I LOVE diet coke as well. Let's be honest, I drink straight from the two liter bottle...