11/15/05

The Right Choice?

I am feeling a bit nervous about recording at Black Dog Studios. Apparently another cellist from my studio payed a visit there yesterday and was not impressed with the way the recordings sounded. I heard a bit of one person and I thought that they didn't sound very good, but I didn't think it was the recording...hmmm. Young Ji seemed to think that it was fine (a bit dry...but maybe I can insist on a bit of reverb?) I guess I can't get out now since I already put down a deposit and I really have no other choice but to record there...there are really no rooms available at the school. I think all of the rep is going pretty well though...hope the recording is acceptable! I am trying a new trend of having a positive attitude about things, rather then going straight to doom and gloom. I think things are going well! I managed to practice for over two hours today! That is really a lot, seeing as I practiced over three yesterday! In other news, CCE proved to be Perle Rock Stars when we made it through the entire piece on our first attempt at a run-through...this doesn't mean that we sounded amazing. It means that we can get through without stopping. We still have several rehearsals to get things in top working condition. And then we have a whole week for it to settle and mature (/not play it). It should be fine!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Having a positive attitude is overrated...

OK Gerstein this is the best confirmation text yet: "qakuugh". This is the sound that happens when you walk into a duck, I guess.