11/7/05

RPO Audition is Over

As you can tell from the time on this post...I did not advance in the RPO audition. However, I am not very sad about the (actually not sad at all) result. I played better than I had recently (in practice rooms and class/thing) and I thought I sounded good overall...but there were definitly some things that could have eliminated me. I think there were about 60 cellists in the first round and out of the first 20 or so, only 3 advanced, so I am in good company. And I also found that Kathy Kemp has given us very good training, becuase a lot of the people practicing in my room didn't really know the first thing about playing orchestra excerpts...not that I should be talking since I didn't advance (and I will say that not one person who I heard warming up advanced). So in the end I am glad that I took the audition (and probably wont be taking anymore for a while...except for summer things) And now I can move on to other things and but this behind me! And me and Hannah got a parking ticket...a nice parting gift to both of us. And I think Ron Chambers was one of the people who advanced. Yay for him!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure you played great, and believe me, I know all about the hazards of RPO auditions. You're right about a lot of people not understanding the first thing about how to play auditions -- the thing is that there are still a lot of people left who DO know how to play them.