11/19/05

OhMyTrill vs. The Recording Part...2

It's all over now...I will have to move on with my life and send out this tape to various universities around the country. They will most likely laugh at the mistakes I make and cringe at my tone...but maybe they will humour themselves and give me an audition anyway. I hate how sound gets captured on recording sometimes...I wish that people could just always hear me play live...it would makes things so much easier. When its all said and done...the recording is not the worst thing in world...there are many many many things that could have and should have gone better, but the exposition of Dvorak is solid (hopefully they wont listen to any more of it) and Rochberg actually sounded pretty good. Popper just didn't happen...that will have to be attempted again...{sigh}...Bach: take it or leave it...so touchy anyway. I saw that my TTLB rating jumped from Lowly Insect to Slimy Mollusc and then realized that I had been linked in two blogs! How fun! Thank you to Rabsteen (who, as I mentioned before, helped me to post a handy-dandy list of current movies and music) and to Nathaniel (who I've never had any interaction with ever, but used to religiously read his site and now religiously read his blog...both provide an in depth look at movies in general and the oscar race...and I usually agree with his movie opinions!). Side Note: I will not be practicing today, and after today I will most likely only be practicing Perle...since its the next major happening in my life. And then the massive Dvorak practicing begins...and I mean really massive...competition is in less than two months...ack!

2 comments:

Anna Reguero said...

You're linked in my blog too :p) I'm sure your recordings sound great! I always find it difficult to hear my own playing. It's like looking in a mirror - you see yourself, but you really can't "see" yourself the way the rest of the world does. So, relax and have a great Thanksgiving!

rabsteen said...

glad to help!