11/10/05

Xenakis is over

I am sad to report that I will not be playing in Phil for the Bartok Concerto for Orchestra Concert...this is a piece that I like and have always wanted to play. However, I am also playing in all of the pieces for Musica Nova (maybe) including one that requires extra rehearsals outside of the regular Musica Nova time. So it will be very very nice to have those two hours of extra time. I am so used to doing more than one rotation that when I only have to do one, it seems like I have all the time in the world to do everything. Musica Nova went well last night. I kind of lost it at the end of Xenakis and my hand didn't really want to go to the correct regions of the cello. However, I think it was still an effective performance. Brad was very very excited about all of the speakers and electronics involve in the Sarriaho (which was performed very well by Lauren Radnofsky) and even went as far as to propose a joint space for the Eastman Computer Muisc Center and Musica Nova...for rehearsals and concerts...seems like a good idea to me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Too bad we won't be seeing you for the Bartok.