11/11/05

Java's

Since I admitted my Diet Coke Addiction, I have come to realize another addiction, one that many of us Eastmanites suffer from...thats right...Java's. I have known about this addiction for some time now, but maybe admitting it will be the first step to giving it up...like thats going to happen anytime soon. Recently I was given a $10 gift certificate for playing in an Oboe Recital...that gift certificate was spent in 1.2 days...a few large cups of coffee and a sandwich+a cookie or two and your $10 is gone real fast. I have already been there once today, and will most likely go at least one more time. And a grabbed a menu the other day to put up on the wall in my room...they always look so fun, so why not? In other news, the new rotation of Musica Nova starts today. I was going to play all of the pieces but I guess Lauren needs to be in a piece, so she is playing the Brakel...which will probably turn out to be a massive cello piece. I am playing the Stucky, which should be fun. I have heard very good things about this composer! And of course the cello celebration Messagequise...we will probably be rocking out on that one. Paid a visit to Payless and bought two new pairs of shoes...look for them. And isn't this poster amazing? I would really like to see the movie:

4 comments:

sara ballance said...

i really want to see that movie, just because the book's amazing. (i think Heather would agree with me!)
And about java's... can't go very often because i never have cash sitting around, but i still want a menu to put on my wall.

Anonymous said...

I can't WAIT AT ALL for this movie. I've watched the trailor on Apple.com at least four times. I'm so excited!

rabsteen said...

thanks for the kind comments. i use flickr to host my pics above my main posts. the book list/music list is done through a service called 43things.com

you just add a line of javascript to your template and it exports your list.

let me know if u need further help!

Anonymous said...

I used to go to java's every day for a "small, regular coffee" while I sat and read. Unfortunately my life has gotten complicated recently and I haven't had the time to read every day there like I used to. Maybe next semester...Still, coffee is supposed to be good for you, because it has a lot of iso-somethings that are supposed to help your cells fend off the chemicals that cause aging. If I keep going to Java's, I might never die!