11/9/05

Shameless Concert Plug: Week of Nov 7-13

I would like to bring your attention to the following concerts: Musica Nova November 9th, 8pm, Kilbourn Hall Xenakis: Phlegra (listen for-my short solo at the beginning/lots of glisses/loud noises/quarter tones) Feldman: I don't even know what they are playing... Saariaho: Amers (listen for-Laruen Radnofsky, amplified cello, complex wind parts, fun sounds) Philharmonia November 13th, 3pm, Eastman Theatre Bancks: Music for a While (listen for-tritones, very few instruments, Sam Angelo) Duparc: Songs (listen for-Kevin Park, my random 2 note solos, Sarah Stern) Tchaikovsky: Symphony No. 6 (listen for-spiccato, cello feature in mvt 2, loud march, sad end) Also, found this review of a lpay about Florence Foster Jenkins...hope I get to see it sometime.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You can tell I am in a Leave My Comment mood today!