11/6/05

Sunday Aternoon Library Blogging: Kind of Sad

Have been feeling very depressed and strange for some reason. I think its time for a break...but there is still a good two weeks until Thanksgiving break. I am kind of gald I will be going home, it will be amazing to just be removed from Eastman for a few days. Although I am thinking I might need to record my audition tape at home...East End studios is just not responding. And it seems like its getting a bit late to schedule. Agh! But, getting back to break. I really want one right now. I always like just sitting at home, chatting with my parents, wandering around various places by myself...since when I'm at home, I don't usually see very many friends. They have all moved away, or also keep to themselves. Of course, there is always tons of drama at home invoolving the grand-parental units, but that is something that doesn't need to be discussed here. Tomorrow is the RPO audition. I have strangely found a new level of confidence in the past few days. I really have no idea where it came from, but after a week of being very very very not confident, I suddenly feel like maybe I wont be the worst person in the world who is auditioning. I still have little hope of advancing beyond the first round, but maybe it won't be the worst thing in the history of the world. I really feel like retreating into my room for a good long time and not emerging and not intereacting with people, however, I seem to be doing a lot of things right now, and I am forced to see people all the time. I guess I can just fake a happy face and deal with it. In better news, Perle is almost complete. We discovered that the section we all though would be so difficult was in fact not at all. Its probably one of the easier sections of the piece. The next one looks a bit challenging, but we are only a petty two pages away from the end of the piece...which means we will have a good week and a half to make it even better (and the first half isn't sounding too shabby). So it seems that we will actually be able to play the piece and it will be much better than the Schoenberg incident of last year (aka...barely getting through the piece at two performances...but it was still kind of fun...). Last night was pretty entertaining also...there was a cello party at Mike Midlarsky's...at which there were about 4 cellists...stayed for a bit, then went to ROC city hots...also a true Rochester experience. Heather entertained all with a jolly stride that she created to the tune of O-Bla-Di-O-Bla-Da by the Beatles. Interesting.

No comments: