11/26/05

{sigh}

After a very enjoyable day with Sara I came back and received some very sad news. My grandfather, Peter Noznick, passed away today at the age of 90. It seems that I saw him just in time. I can't say that his death is a big surprise, he hasn't been doing very well for the past few years, but it is still sad all the same. I feel lucky that I got to spend the last few days of his life with him (since I made sure to visit him every day while I was at home). Every time you make something out of a box that includes some sort of powder mix you should think of my grandfather...because he invented it! He worked as a food scientist for Beatrice foods and worked with a team of other scientists that developed powdered mixes...so if it weren't for him, you wouldn't be able to have Macaroni and Cheese out of a box! (and you could say goodbye to cake mix as well!) My grandmother doesn't want a funeral, so I do not have to rush back home to get there in time...there will probably be a memorial service after the holidays and then we will scatter his ashes in Connecticut in the spring.

Peter Noznick 1915-2005

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear that, David. XOXO.

philosophia said...

Sad, I'm sorry...I'm glad you have good memories of him, though.