1/17/06

First day of classes

Thank you for the comments everybody...they did make me feel better...guess I'm not so bent out of shape about it as I previously thought. First day of classes went smoothly. Western Cinema class was not spectacular, but has the potential to be interesting. Unfortunately the professor said work would be heavy for the first half of the semester and then trail off so people have time for juries...however, auditions are all during the first part of the semester and I don't have a jury to worry about...oh well. Rhythm blues and beyond was intriguing although some of the opinions expressed need some thought...I'm all about learning about African music, but it most likely wont be that important to me and my career as a musician. But I guess we will see about that. And I officially got an audition at Juilliard. There may be NYC in my future!

No comments: