12/30/05

More Comments in General

1. Its fun and easy to leave blog entries in the form of a list. 2. I am done with all of my grad apps. I just mailed the supporting materials for Rice in today and decided to can the Northwestern app. I realized that I would rather go back to Eastman than go to Northwestern, so I guess Chicago is not in my future. Oh well... 3. I have a lesson with Norman Fischer on Jan 10th 11am...now I just need to buy a plane ticket and get down there! {and practice a lot} 4. Me and Alison and maybe Ruth will be hanging out on New Year's Eve...should be a rocking good time. 5. I saw Heathers last night. This movie is really hilarious in a really strange way. It has a lot of the same elements as Mean Girls (although its very 80's) focusing on high school clicks and such...however, it is a much darker and thoughtful film, I think. They both hold a high place in the category of "Teen Comedy." 6. Heathers is Highly Recommended. 7. I'm wearing a new sweater today. My mom and dad gave it to me for the holidays. 8. I think that we only celebrate something known as "The Holidays" now in my family. We had a Christmas Eve gathering with my mom's side of the family where we all opened presents and such and on Christmas Day we had over my mom's and dad's family for a Christmas/Hanukkah gathering. Nothing remotely religious happened at either event. Therefore, I think its just general holiday cheer. 9. We haven't lit Hanukkah candles once this year. Last year we did it for like 4 out of the 8 nights. oops. 10. Today I saw Munich with my dad. I thought this movie was pretty crappy. It was very very long and didn't have nearly enough material to fill the 3 hour length...maybe more like one hour. My dad thinks I didn't like it because I can't identify with the events its about (the terrorist antics at the Munich Olympics) and I guess I can't really. The movie isn't really sure if its about Terrorism, about Judaism, or about finding someplace to call home so it tries to be all of these things and fails them all too. Not to mention that the acting is nothing more than adequate (Eric Bana...whatever). About one hour into the movie I started hoping it would be over...and it wasn't for a long time. Munich is not recommended. 11. I should practice. 12. Miss you all!!

2 comments:

sara ballance said...

1. i miss you too!!!
2. canning the NW app = good choice.
3. OH, and i like my new officer status at the "ps i love that shirt on you" group. Go Janis Ian.
4. "i was in such a bad mood i CRABBED all day!"

Anonymous said...

I highly approve of your anti-Northwestern plans!