12/18/05

BT a S

The BT (big trip) was a very large S (success). I managed to escape driving the entire time (Mary and Heather did it all!). We ended up leaving Rochester around 7:30 and we dropped me and Heather off at my house around 5:30, so we made pretty good time, thanks to the foot of Mary Counts (who believes in driving 19 over the speed limit...). Blogging is made much more difficult with dial-up internet. I hope this changes in the next few weeks, but it probably wont. Agh!! I will post some pictures of the BT later tonight, probably. Finished Memoirs of a Geisha, the book is very interesting, but the end kind of pulls itself out of its ass...I really don't think that the book was a romance, but it seems to think that it was. Whatever, most of the book is very intriguing. The movie, which I probably wont see, I have my doubts about. Why all Chinese actors in a movie about Japan? Started the Color Purple last night...probably have some comments about it tonight. I will start practicing today to get into the flow of practice this break...auditions and competition when I return to school, so I have to be in top form!! I hope everybody is having a good break!! Yay!!

1 comment:

wander along said...

Using Chinese actors in a movie about Japan is, I think, just one piece of evidence that Hollywood is willing to sell the belief that all Asian cultures are the same to a huge audience of people who have festishized those cultures... just my opinion