12/11/05

Sunday Afternoon Library Blogging: Recitals

Life post-Desperate Housewives is going pretty well. I have many things that I need to be doing, however, they just aren't happening for some reason. 1) I must perform the entire Dvorak Concerto for Dave Ying and the rest of my studio (all four of us) on Tuesday. Normally this wouldn't be too much of a problem, but I haven't really worked on the 2nd and 3rd movements at all since before my jury last year. So I basically have an hour or two today and some time tomorrow to pull them all together. Should be interesting, 2) Linguistics final...this one looks really annoying and bitchtacular. It is seven pages of answering questions about one sentence...ugh. My book will be close at hand, for sure. 3) Must pack for home. Driving back with Mary and Heather on Saturday (in one week!). Should be horrednously fun (if we don't kill each other, that is). We have been discussing for weeks what we are going to do...the list basically includes listening to various songs on our respective ipods...really exciting, I know. Yesterday was a day full of recitals: Marisol, Hilary, and Cody...all of which were completely fabulous. It was very fun to play the Mozart duo with Marisol on her recital, she also performed some Villa-Lobos and a tango! Hilary busted out tons of folk dance music on her recital...kind of interesting. And Cody challenged the audience with a very non-standard program including highlights from Madame butterfly (complete with offstage euphomium) and a puzzling piece for euphonium, piano, and voice...and don't forget the standard pieces on the program either. Post recital, there was a get-together at Sunny's...it turned into one of our more crazy parties...so either our parties are really weak, or I don't know where I am going with this. I met Beliang and Rebecca for the first time (and discovered that Rebecca is a Desperate Housewives fan as well!!!) Pictures can be found at facebook! Two nights ago was Feygelhorn...a relatively new holiday. I attended with Sara and Kimberly...all of us dressed in Santa Hats and wreath bows...and we sang a song... Starting to create a list of movies that need to be seen...right now at the top are: Brokeback Mountain, The Producers, and King Kong. Trying to figure out who will see Brokeback with me...maybe Jonathan? I don't know if he even reads this thing... Time to read Memoirs of a Geisha.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Greetings from wherever I am!!!!!!!
-you-know-who
(hush!)