12/13/05

procrastination Informative Entry

First of all...Hannah gave an AMAZING recital yesterday...she sounded really great...everything was very exciting and interesting and solid... yay for Hannah!!! And she chose to play the solo movement from Quartet for the End of Time...which has to be one of the scariest things to play ever...one down and six to go (as far as senior cello recitals go!) I am starting a trend of not really doing the things I need to be doing...this trend starting roughly around the time I was born...I hope it ends at some point in my life. Need to do the linguistics final at some point...hopefully before the party we are having tomorrow...ugh...so don't want to have one right now, but I guess its happening anyway. Played Dvorak is studio class today...it was pretty terrible, but I really didn't practice it, so I shouldn't complain about it. Surprisingly the really hard part in the development of the first movement was totally there and I nailed the octave run...however most of the piece was not on this level. I have hope that if I practice well over break it wont be half bad for the competition. [so you'd better practice] Musica Nova went fairly well...Boulez had one slight mishap, but reports from the audience were good...so even though I was actually playing random notes for the entire last fast section I guess it was 'convincing'...Stucky was interesting...I felt like I didn't play a single section correctly, but whatever...we were only playing it for the composer who had just won the Pulitzer Prize, so whatever. Ossia tonight featuring lots of long slow and somewhat interesting pieces. So yeah... [do your linguistics final]

1 comment:

wander along said...

did you do the boulez piece for 7 cellos?