10/1/05

Phil concert

So I was really dreading the concert last night, since it was so long (2 pieces over 40 minutes) but it actually turned out pretty well I think. I know there was some frustration had by some, but everything sounded ok. And the cellos rocked out in the 3rd movement, even if the A to A shift wasn't perfect...but whatever. I am very excited now that I have no phil this rotation. And I think Xenakis will be fun. Kathy Zager asked my to play the opera, because it is contemporary, and I guess she asked Heather also. Its funny, all the sudden she just chats with me...but I guess I am always emailing her because of rotation stuff, so whatever. The opera is during 3rd rotation, when I'm supposed to be principal, so maybe I will get switched to a different concert for principal...we will see. The opera is just string quartet plus some other stuff, so it would be kind of fun. I think I might rather play in phil though, for that rotation. Went to the mall this morning and got a new shirt on sale at Express Men, perfect for playing in I think...and a nice thing thing from gap. Anyways...I need to eat before CCE!

No comments: