10/7/05

Afternuun

Tonight was the first Ossia concert of the year. Lets just say that the concert did happen, and that it was very fun to play Furrer's nuun. I thought the performance went very well! At least as well as it could have gone. Me and Sarah Graf tried very hard to play all of our notes on random beats together! Also on the program was Living Toys, by Ades (famous to those who took music history last year as the composer of Powder Her Face...a piece that you should have known for the final!) I took in the performance (after a wuick chat with Sarah S) which I thought went pretty well (although some of the players informed me otherwise...oops). As usual there was a gathering afterwards (how can you not go out after a concert?!?!?). Many performers and board members and new music friends gathered at Matthew's for snacks and drinks. Many photos were taken...you can see some at the famous http://theoryofpaul.net as well as on this very page! I'm sure I will get all sorts of interesting visitors since my blog is currently linked on the legendary webpage of P. Miller. Upon returning home, me and Brian watched Misery...a sort of thriller starring the amazing Kathy Bates. I own this movie, but have never seen it until tonight. As many of you will recall, I entered an online guess the oscars contest and came in something like 8th place...so I won a prize!! My prize was the "Best Actress Prize" celebrating movies that had best actress winners (Erin Brokovich...which I still haven't seen...Dead Man Walking...also haven't seen...the spectacular Fargo...which I had already owned...Misery, and Moonstruck, which I was very happy to get!). If you like Kathy Bates (which everyone does) you can't miss her completly crazed antics while holding a romance novel author captive in the middle of nowhere.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man who is that wierdo -- the second photo from the top??

Anonymous said...

Misery is so good! that was the first time I saw Kathy Bates. too bad she had a subordinate role in Titanic with those "other" people...

Anonymous said...

i don't know, but he kind of looks like a theory TA i had one semester.