10/8/05

Liderman Done

Finally done with first rotation! Last night was the Musica Nova concert, and it actually went ok. I was really nervous for at the start of the concert...which is a bit abnormal...I never get nervous for orchestra or musica nova concerts. Hmm...The first two pieces (Torke and Schwanter) went about as well as they could...Katy sounded amazing, of course. The Liderman...well...a lot of things worked that had just never worked before, but a lot of things didn't work that had worked before. There was no chance to party afterward since we had to spend all day today recording. Got up at 7:30am this morning, and spent about 10 minutes just thinking about how cold I was. I think this morning was the first very very cold morning. The first of many, that is. All of our windows are closed right now. Its only a matter of time before the heat comes on...I guess it depends on how cheap we feel like being...I say, the sooner the better. The recording wasn't nearly as bad as I would have expected. We didn't do a run of the piece, which is good, becuase it would have been a waste of time. Went from about 9-12...took an hour for lunch, and then finished by 3. It was a bit frustrating when we blew through certain sections that sounded awful, and then had to do 15 takes of a string part that sounded fine...but whatever. Apparently this is going to be a real CD...also featuring a Russian Orchestra and a Mexican Orchestra...and all of our names will be on it...if I had known that, I would have requested to do some sections over again before we left. Afterwards me and Kimberly, Kitty, and Grace went out to Target. $50 later I am the proud new owner of a Mean Girls DVD, some kitchen items, some bathroom items, a bag of candy, and a pumpkin shaped carrying device (which now houses the bag of candy). We stopped at Kripsy Kreme...I had never been there before, but the "Hot" sign was lit up, so we went in and got a free doughnut! Don't worry, we bought coffee too. I have been going crazy on itunes lately...I bought the Hedwig and the Angry Inch sountrack as well as Alarm Will Sound's new CD: Music of Aphex Twin...both are very fun! Tonight there is a party at the Ply...should be very fun indeed!

1 comment:

philosophia said...

"Hedwig and the Angry Inch" - what a blast! I love the "The Origin of Love". :)