10/30/05

Sunday Afternoon Library Blogging: Boo Blast

From an email by the Ply: Just a reminder to set your clocks back one hour! In doing so you can help save the daylight. Actually, since it is a reversion to standard time, I guess you would actually be helping to waste the daylight. Or perhaps we could consider the extra hour to be borrowed from the Spring, and rename the phenomenon: “Daylight Savings and Loan.” But that could prove scandalous. I'm sure that everybody knows, or better yet, knew about this time change, but thank you to David Plylar for the kind reminder! This extra hour really helped a lot last night when we were all having fun at the Boo Blast...the annual Halloween Party sponsered by various groups at the school. This year's party brought them all together (recently, GSA and SA were sepearted, mainly for drinking purposes) but everyone came together this year and had a party at Milestones. There was open bar from 9-11...and lots of lots of people wearing very fun costumes. The evening really started with a recital by the fabulous Brian Sanders, treating us to a variety of very well played sonatas from contrasting periods and styles. My favortie would have to be the Britten, which I was not at all familar with (save for hearing him practice it). I remember I checked it out of the library one time, but thats all I did...I may have read a bit of it and just returned it. Good for him for playing things that aren't usually heard!! Before Brian's recital, me and Heather took a trip out to far-away-Wegmans...next to Marketplace Mall. The reason we went to this Wegmans was to go to Marketview Liqour...which has a larger selection and cheaper prices. This allowed me to buy a small selection of drinks for a small price. They will be enjoyed immensly by all I am sure. Heather had to indulge herself in a trachy romance novel...but she almost accidentally bought a book called "Cold Blood"...I don't think she would have liked it very much. Dim-Sum with Mary, Heather, Kimberly, Hannah, and Anton was also a treat. Party prep was interesting...Kimberly had purchased a system for creating fake vampire fangs including a tooth adhesive and fake fingernails...however, this didn't work (even though it has been succesful in the past!) so we just dressed semi-slutty (except not really at all...well, I was wearing Caitlin's shirt with fake purple eyelashes) and smeard fake blood on our faces. Kimberly enhanced the contumes by periodically lunging at people's necks and biting them. There were some very fun costumes to be seen...check out Sarahndipity for some fun pictures from the event...I forgot to bring my camera...poo! It was also fun seeing some non-Eastman people=Andrew Dunn and Brian's friend from home. The party ineveitably started to fail when the bar closed. So some of us migrated to Sunny's apartment and I got a tiny swig of Starbuck's Coffee liqour...which is always amazing! After a brief while there, hunger started to set in...and we all craved french fries from the Old Toad...however, when we got there, the kitchen was closed. It was hilarious to see soooo many people out in the Rochester "Club District" . Everyone was sprting hilrious costumes. I agree with Sarabande84...I have hardly seen so many people out in Rochester before...it was kind of fun to see it. We ended up at Roc City Hots...eating some of the nastiest food ever consumed, but when you are a bit drunk and hungry, anything is amazing. And it was worth it to see a nice young woman dressed as a big fluffy dirty beaver...she was also a bit drunk out of her mind. After that...some girls ended up tied to Matt's Bed...I'm not really sure how that happened. I was so tired by that point, and I had a lesson this morning at 10am...so I went to sleep and let the girls fend for themselves. All in all it was a hilarious evening and very very fun! And it was the last Boo Blast that we will have (not like we always went to them every other year...but still!) I liked the fact the the evening started early and we got an extra hour, so I went to sleep around 1 or 2...cant really remember. So it looks like my recital is getting pushed back again. They posted the results for the lottery for Kilbourn in January and February...The priority for this one was DMA-MM (+PC) then senior degree...of which I was the very last person picked. So basically, I don't get to do a recital in Kilbourn this time around either. But coupled with Grad Auditions and Dvorak Competition, it is probably better to do my recital in the Spring. Maybe I can try for a late March time, that way, I can finished off Grad Auditions, work back my recital rep (which is already coming along) and spend more time with CCE and Beethoven Triple after the conclusion of my rectial. I think it could work, although it really isn't the orginal plan. Oh well. And it looks like me and Carrie will be auditioning at Nothwestern together. It almost seems like its juts for fun, but whatever, we can audition for Civic etc etc....and have fun in Chicago for a few days. It would be a blast. I need to do my Eastman Application tomorrow night...which means writing an essay. Musica Nova is very very light this week, so I hope I will be able to get some extra things in...like practicing for the RPO audition. Which is coming up very very soon. Ack!!! But enough about me...

No comments: