10/6/05

Sideways

It has finally come the time to remove the book, Sideways, from my currently reading list. Yes! After several months of reading one page every other day (or even less frequently) I finally finished the book that I started in the last week of Banff. It is a very fun book...if you were into the movie, you should give a it a try. Its really funny, because the book knows exactly what it is trying to do...get adapted into a major motion picture...which it did. And it makes fun of itself for doing this. I'm sure that the main character, Miles, has some sort of autobiographical flavor. The author is like, I've failed at everything, and I fell really stupid for selling out like this, but I want to money, so there. There are some very fun sections in the book, that didn't make it to the movie, such as the boys getting attacked by a drunken boar hunter, much much much more drinking than in the movie, and the ending is slightly modified (well, I guess the movie ending is slightly modified...not the book). This weekend promises to be very busy. Tonight is the Ossia concert, tomorrow night is the Musica Nova concert, Saturday is the Musica Nova recording. And I really really need to practice. I have fallen on hard practicing times, and I really need to get things together. What is my problem? Happy birthday to Fim (yesterday). We went out to the Toad, it was fun.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

david, i like the new look of the blog thing! how was the concert?

Anonymous said...

Yes, the Toad was fun...but it took me almost 24 hours to digest those damn oily french fries!