10/9/05

Good Week Ahead

This should be a very good week. I am now playing in only one piece in Musica Nova...so that allows much much time to practice and get ready for my lesson this weekend with Fred Sherry. I am very very nervous about the second movement of Ligeti. I will present as a piece 'in progess' and I am almost more worried about playing it in studio on wednesday...I will definitly be practicing Dvorak this week...which, I will point out, was new music when it was first written...I am also a but worried about orchestral rep...I have not been taking it seriously at all, but I have kind of decided to take the audition. But I am having strong second thoughts...do I really want to spend a lot of time working on the excerpts? I also feel bad because Kathy is willing to give me extra time (and has already) and I am not working on the music at all. We will see how this week goes. Ugh. Caught a bit of the Break of Reality concert in Kilbourn...I still don't know how they managed to get a recital in there...it seems like some are willing to trade in their right arm to do a degree recital in Kilbourn, and their chamber group does an entire non-degree recital. Hmmm...I had never really heard them play, because I didn't think it was my thing, and now I am sure it is not my thing. But thank god they are actually doing something different than others...or at least than others at Eastman. I am very glad they aren't playing a four cello arrangement of the Rachmaninov Sonata.

No comments: