10/14/05

Blog meets Blog

Today was spent not practicing. Instead I worked way too many hours in the library. By the end of my 2nd shift I had exhausted everything I could possibly do and was considering going to sleep on the counter. However, this was not the best idea, so I just stuck it out for the last 30 minutes. Linguistics is boring me to tears right now...We are discussing graphs representing speech sounds...They weren't interesting when we started them 3 classes ago...and they still aren't interesting now. However, me Anton and Ian have decided to do a project together, possibly on the rhythm and speed of different languages and if the speakers maintain their native rhythm in English or if they develop a new one. Could be very interesting. The latter part of my day was spent in coaching and rehearsal. This really wore me out for some reason...Even though I have had much harder days before. I thought we sounded pretty bad in our coaching with Phil, but he was very polite and we just worked on some things. I think that once we start regular rehearsals (after fall break) the piece will start to come together...Today when I was trying to find a recording online I tried typing in Perle String quartet No. 8 and also Perle Windows of Order (which is the name of the quartet) and much to my surprise several of the hits refer to our upcoming performance of the piece, most of them referring to a "student ensemble" which will be performing on the concert. That means that this is kind of a big deal. This means that we will rehearse! I think we are all starting to like the piece...and it will be very fun once we finish learning it! Playing the Mozart quartet with Julienne is very fun...and it always helps to be OOC! Of course the highlight of my day was meeting the mysterious Sophia who lives at http://myphilosophia.blogspot.com/. I discovered her blog a few weeks ago and it has been a love-love relationship ever since. And I must assure you, she is just as hilarious in real life as in her blog...and why does that seem like something that is not ok to say? Her blog is located on the links at the right under Friends and Fun...This posses a problem...Do we categorize her under friend or fun? Perhaps I should reveal the mystery of the name ohmytrill at some point (although most readers already know it!). Tomorrow I must practice and pack for my trip to NYC and lesson with Fred Sherry! Kind of scared, but not at the same time. He seems pretty chill...and since when did I ever say that?

1 comment:

philosophia said...

Oh - you're SO sweet! The highlight of my day was meeting you, as well. :)