10/2/05

Rambling

Here I am at the library once again...not sure what I should do with this time that I have to spend sitting here. I know I should be working onthis proposal for the Howard Hanson Grant...but I just can't bring myself to write a paragraph about why a piece written for me would benefit my career. I'm sure I'll come up with something! Jeffrey has his english horn audition today for RPO...there are tons of people walking around with English Horn cases, its kind of funny. No matter what the outcome is, there will be a celebration at his aparment tonight...should be fun. Third party of the weekend...even though I wimped out last night...sooo tired. Ugh. I slept really late today. I am having serious alarm trouble. Since my clock just doesn't go off now, I set my cell phone alarm for 8:30 this morning, in hopes of practicing beofre library. However, it went off at 8:30 and I hit the snooze twice, and then it didn't go off anymore. I didn't wake up until almost 11, so no practicing occured. Why can't my alarms work? Went to dim-sum with Caitlin since I hadn't seen her in roughly 10 billion years. Basically drooled over NYC for fall break and discussed everything we have to do (which of course exceeds the 4 days we will be there.) I'm sure it will be a huge blast. Although Laura will probably get very sick of me after like 2 seconds...although it will be nice to see her again. (even though she never comments on the blog...hmmm) Its so funny that after 3 (or 4?) years of no contact, I suddenly see her again at Banff! I guess its a small world. Have I mentioned that I am so excited about only having normal rotation this rotation? I just did my schedule for this week and there is so much time to practice etc...Tonight there is more Furrer, which of course is exciting. The piece is sooo fun and the concert is this week! I expect you all to be there at 8:00pm on Thursday for Ossia (Furrer, Ades, and then Furrer again) and Friday at 8:00pm for Musica Nova (Torke, Schwanter, and Liderman) that should be interesting. See how well we can play with no rehearsal (ummmm...).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you want me to read over what you've written for your HH grant, I'd be happy to. I'm trying to get better at writing these sorts of things myself.