2/23/06

TMC is Official

I finally got my letter from Tanglewood, so I can forget any fears of being accidentally told I was accepted. I was kind of half expecting to get a call from them saying, "Sorry, we meant to call David Gerskin, you weren't actually accepted, sorry for the confusion." But all will be official once I send in the official acceptance letter (along with $200 of course). I have been spending a lot of time looking at the line-up of concerts which will be very exciting. Me and Heather are already salivating about "Film Night At Tanglewood" featuring John Williams, Yo-Yo Ma, James Earl Jones, and Star Wars. I can see us flipping out already. It was almost too much to deal with when I called Heather last year and she was sitting backstage while John Williams conducted Star Wars with the Pops. Omg. Also very excited about the concert staging of Elektra which will feature tons of huge name singers and James Levine as conductor. I want to know what chamber music I will be playing. Guess I'll have to wait for a while before I find that out. I heard that me and Heather are playing Brahms Double with the BSO. Well, maybe not. Tags: , , ,