8/11/05

Quartet Done...

Just finished the performance of Quartet for the End of Time. It was very exciting to play again, even if not the whole thing. We managed to throw together the last three movements (well, last two for me...since the very last is violin and piano only). Everything went pretty well...I dont think its the type of piece that you can really expect a perfect performance from. Maybe after about 20 years of coming back to it, then you can finally have that "one" performance, where everything falls into place. There were some scary moments in the unison movement, but nothing horrible. There was one part where me and Courtney totally forgot to do the correct bowings...we almost cracked up onstage. I was very disappointed with the mini cello solo at the start of movement 7...lots of out of tune notes and missed shifts, not to mention a general lack of conviction and sense of music. So I guess there was nothing good about it at all...oh well. And there were also like 10 billion people there, I think there were actually some standing in the back. I think things went over very well, cause a lot of people came back to say hi afterwards and tell us that they liked it. Tomorrow is the final orchestra concert, and the orchestra sounds very very bad...but I will be happy to be finished with it!!!!!

No comments: