8/12/05

Less than 24 hours

I am nearing my departure from Banff...I talked to some people, and they were like, "see you next year!" and I was like, "no!!!!!!!" And then they have to express their amazment that I don't like it here. I feel like I'm the only person in the entire Banff Centre that doesn't like it here. These people in particular just dismissed me as being American...ugh... Slept pretty late this morning, ran a bout all over campus to get my cd ordered...you have to have it signed by someone in music and sound to verify that you are you, then you have to take it deep into the depths of this random building, where they make the cd for you. It cost me like $20, but it is good quality of recording (even though I don't really need recordings of the pieces I played, oh well). Had a cello sectional, which was a bit annoying. The last thing I want to do know is spend extra time on the orchestra music...god...We did really need it for the Prokofiev though (3rd piano concerto...the high cello bit in the slow part)...amd rehearsal was annoying too, but I am just getting annoyed by everything. Especially the trumpet soloist, Jens. He must be one of the most self-centered people I have evefr seen. We had to practice his encore, which I'm sure he will play on his first bow (wouldn't be surprised if he didn't even leave the stage once). I want to be like, "Jens...this concert is not about you...you are playing one, very short, trumpet concerto, you do not need to take up the whole concert with your self-celebration." But I will just deal with it. The piano soloist for the Prkofiev is also suspect...he won an award from some national Canadian radio station...but I personally dont like his playing. He is worse than the girl who played the piece at Eastman, and I remember people going on about she wasn't very good. Whatever...I need to stop being so bitchy. I leave tomorrow!!!!

2 comments:

OhMyTrill said...

And you can leave comments on here...I changed it so you can!

Anonymous said...

Parisot told you to quit the cello? What an asshole. That is probably his way of trying to encourage you to play better, or something. Sylvia Rosenberg-ish. I wouldn't take it literally.... you just need to get out of there!