8/19/05

Old People

Today was my grandfather's 90th birthday. That is really old...I wonder if I will be that old someday? My day was largely concerned with getting ready. Me and my dad brought three large boxes over to UPS and sent hem out to Rochester...and then picked up the birthday cake (from Costco...my mom loves their cake, I think its a bit frosting heavy). Ran downtown to pick up my bow (since it kind of fell apart at Banff a little bit) and went to my grandfather's birthday party. It was nice to see everybody before leaving. I tried watching Sling Blade, but I only survived for like 3 minutes. I will try again once in Rochester, it was very slow, and I just need to go to sleep. Last night I watched Talk to Her...which is a truly fabulous movie. It doesn't get much crazier than two men finding friendship since both of the female counterparts are in comas. Truly fascinating. See it if you haven't already. I received an email from Kati today (my standpartner at Banff) it was very exciting to hear from her! Tomorrow I am leaving for Rochester. We will leave at 5:30am (or so) and probably get into Rochester around 5ish...it takes us longer every time, because we talk longer and longer breaks on the way. I don't really care, since my dad does all of the driving. I stole that trick from Paul, sorry Paul. My latest listening obsession is the Beethoven Violin Concerto. I stole one of Ari's cd's of Gidon Kremer playing it (with the Schnittke cadenza) and listened to it all the way into Chicago and back! I wonder why I like it so much? Internet may be shoddy for a while (until me and Brian work it out) so updates might not be frequent...as if you cared! See all of you soon!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's not stealing, it's borrowing!!

OhMyTrill said...

doesn't really work on here anyway...