9/27/05

Usual Tuesday

Woke up this morning for a CCE rehearsal...met at Java's at 8...and it took awhile for most of the group to congregate...rehearsal was fine, we bascially just reworked on the section we already did. We are going to go to our coaching tomorrow and play for like 1 second and be like, "that what we learned" it will be fine though...we can kind of play it (it will be much more confident eventually...) came back to apartment for lunch...grilled cheese (on garlic bread with basil), tomato soup w/garlic and basil, and a mixed green salad...I had the same thing yesterday. Linguistics was interesting today...I was a bit tired and was kind of falling asleep, but we are working on phonetics now and we just went through the international phonetic alphabet and the different sounds that you can produce. Today was consonants, thursday is vowels, and eventually we will get to the clicks! Apparently Peter Ladefoged, who is a leading researching for the IPA (or something like that) gave a call to my class in high school! We each asked him a quesiton...I remember telling my liguist cousin (or some relation like that) about how we got to talk to him and she was like drooling...but anyways. Undercofler wasn't at class today, but we had Ray Ricker as a sub...and a lot of the class wasn't prepared, including me...so it was a bit short. Had a lesson today...move through more of the Rochberg...I think its going pretty well...I remember at the beginning I thought everything was soooo difficult, but now it doesn't seem so bad. Maybe I have gotten better after all these years? Ahhh...probably just imagining it. Played with Kitty's electric violin...the effects on the Crumb are so much more articulate and clear on an electric instrument...I hope we get to use them for the concert!!! I finished watching the Short Films of David Lynch...which would more appropriatly be called the early films of David Lynch. It features his first 4 movies, as well as two later ones. The first 2 are no more than glorified paintings that move...the next two are very confusing, very compact movies. Lots of things happen in a short amount of time...I can see why he expanded to feature films...the short ones are almost unintelligible in their compactness. Probably the most entertaining was called the Cowboy and the Frenchman, starring none other than Harry Dean Stanton (from Paris, Texas and many other Lynch films). These were very fun movies that you should watch if you are a David Lynch fan (like myself). Another star of one of the movies is Catherine E. Coulson (the log lady from Twin Peaks)...she plays a woman with both of her legs aputated while David Lynch (as a nurse) attends to the wounds...I can't belive Kimberly knows her! Met with Jairo to talk about the piece and it seems that we are going to throw together a proposal for the Howard Hanson thing...its not too much work, but it is due on Saturday, we really need to get working on it. Perhaps I should look at it at work tomorrow. I am suddenly feeling very very sore for no apparent reason. I should go to bed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What are you using for your photos?

Electric instruments are great!

OhMyTrill said...

To post photos I click the little button at the top of the interface for posting photos and it gives me the choice of what size (s,m,l) and where on the page (left,center,right) and then it uploads the photo from my computer and puts a nice little border around it...so I guess the answer to your question is that I'm not really sure what you are asking. I take pictures on my digital camera...umm...