9/13/05

Katz done

Well...I just finished my lesson with Paul Katz...it was actually a mini-masterclass. I played and Sunny played and Anton played and he talked about something different for everybody. He told that he liked my basic set-up but that I just didn't sound polished enough...which was actually kind of nice to hear since my set-up has been so torn apart lately. And the polish thing may have had something to do with the fact that I hadn't worked on the piece for quite a while...however, I think he may have pointed out things that I need to work on that I actually will! He talked mainly about vibrato for me...which was interesting since I hadn't worked on vibrato in a very long time. Sunny asked him how many places there were in his studio, and he basically told us that he wouldn't accept any of us...which was kind of nice in a way, that not even Sunny would get into his studio...however, none of us has actually auditioned yet, so we will see how things turn out (I'm not holding my breath!).

No comments: