9/11/05

Party-CCE-Ding

Party last night was pretty fun...especially when the cops showed up. The people who live in the townhouses need to get a life...and maybe be a little nicer about breaking up a party. Maybe next time they can come over and be like..."it is too loud...quiet down or I will call the cops" However, they just go right to the cops (who were the same cops as the incident last year). There weren't too many cellists though...especially considering it was a cello party. hmmm...we will have to try again. CCE managed to get the Haydn pretty well together in 1 rehearsal...we are rehearsing again today though...and starting in on Plylar and Crumb, should be fun! I went out to lunch with Dave Ying to discuss various things like grad school. He asked where I am thinking of applying, and then told me those places sound pretty good to him. I asked him if he had any other suggestions and he proceeded to list off places not to consider, and didn't actually suggest anything else. Go figure. Looks like the list right now is as follows: Rice (Norman Fischer), Juilliard (Fred Sherry), NEC (Lesser or Katz or Brovsky), Mannes (Tim Eddy or Fred Sherry)...and probably as backup: Northwestern and Depaul in Chicago...they are both very easy auditions to take, since I can just stay at home and drive over myself to the places. I mentioned Depaul and Dave was like, "I hear very interesting things about Depaul right now." It would also be fun to live in that area of Chicago...very trendy and fun. Geez...I need to expland my vocabulary...ugh. Ran into Kimberly on the way back from lunch and she was like, "Im going to to liqour store" so we went for a little trip. Stopped at Wegmans, but I wasn't really prepared to do "shopping" so I thought I would wait until a future date. My food is fine right now anyway. I better get ready to go over to library in a bit...and then rehearse again with CCE!

No comments: