9/6/05

Hmmm...

I am here sitting in the cave at school...we are supposed to get our internet hooked up at the apartment on thursday...It will be nice to not have to come over to the school or dorm for interent. Things have been pretty good lately...went to the Y with Caitlin this morning, we missed a few days over the weekend, but we need to keep it up...CCE is going well I think, we have always been a bit rehearsal deficient (not the amount of rehearsals, just the rate at which we get things done) but we seemed to do a bit better yesterday. We are going to record abby's piece tomorrow, which should be interesting. It really is a cute and fun piece and it will be very fun to perform. I had my first lesson with Dave yesterday, I played all of the Ligeti Sonata for him (didn't really expect to get through the whole thing). First movement wasn't bad, and after I started concentrating on bow rather than fingers in the second things started coming together a bit. Maybe I will be able to play it after all...overall I need to just concentrate on relaxing and not forcing everything out...hmmm...After CCE yesterday there was a bit of a cello gathering...well, all of the senior cellos, which was very nice. We just sat around and chatted, watched a clip from Mulholland Dr. because everybody wanted to see the "torpedo tits" in the imfamous lesbian scene...we need to have more cello gatherings. Me and Brian also continued with our viewing of season one of Queeras Folk...gradually working our way through! I have been listening to Michael Torke's "Adjustable Wrench" almost constantly since yesterday...I feel a bit nerdy, but the piece is very fun...and we are playing it in Musica Nova!! Time to do some last minute homework before catching the bus at 1:30!

No comments: