5/7/06

iPod Knows All (or nothing)

Stolen from Damion's and Nathaniel's Blogs... You turn on your iPod. Shuffle. Play. The songs that come up answer the following questions in order (You can't change the questions and you can't skip songs. Be honest). So here goes... 1. How does the world see you? String Quartet No. 4 Mvt. 3 by Arnold Schoenberg...does this mean that people see me as dark, brooding, abstract and complicated? 2. Will I have a happy life? Do Ya (Feel the Love) from the Queer as Folk Soundtrack....I'll take that as a good sign? 3. What do my friends think of me? String Quartet No. 3 Mvt 1+2 by George Rochberg...It starts with something resembling the shower scene from Psycho. Over and over and over again. And then it turns into a super romantic classical piece. So are people confused about who I am? or do their opinions just change all the time? I guess I'm just more complicated than I thought. 4. Do people secretly lust after me? Happy Was The Day We Met by Cher...well that answers that. 5. How can I make myself happy? String Quintet in G Major Mvt. 4 by Brahms...i\it starts off kind of minor and scary, but it eventually turns into a dance party...sort of. Maybe playing this would make me happy? Or maybe having a dance party would make me happy? 6. What should I do with my life? Partido Feminista ffrom the Evita Soundtrack... so I should become a big political figure by sleeping around with important people? 7. Will I ever have children? String Quartet "From My Life" Mvt. 3 by Smetana...it starts with a very lonely cello solo and the rest of the movement is very consoling...so I'm guessing the answer is no. 8. What is some good advice for me? Piano Quintet Mvt. 1 by Schnittke... this is not good advice at all...its about the composers mother who died in the street because nobody would help her. Or maybe the advice is that I should help woman who are laying motionless in the streets? 9. How will I be remembered? "Rambaldo!... Ah! M'aiutate!" from La Rondine by Puccini...Does this mean somebody will write an opera about me that will be all but forgotten because his other works are so much better? 10. What's my signature dance song? String Quartet No. 1 by Ligeti...ok, I guess this means I like crazy hyperactive schizo dance tracks. That aren't actually dance tracks. 11. What's my current theme song? Skating from Charlie Brown Christmas by Vince Guaraldi Trio...its certainly cold enough outside to fulfill this one. 12. What do others think my current theme song is? Strotha Tynhe by Aphex Twin...its basically random notes on the piano...I didn't realize I was that scattered. 13. What shall they play at my funeral? Because of You by Kelly Clarkson...Ok...this is just too scary. But it does make taking this survey worth it. 14. What type of men do I like? The Rite of Spring Part II by Stravinsky... I can't make any sense out of this at all. 15. How's my love life? Serenade for Tenor, Horn, and Strings Mvt. 2 "Pastoral" by Britten...nuff' said. So there we have it...things get a little more complicated when you have lots of classical music on your iPod. I won't be performing a "holy water ritual" on it or anything...basically my iPod seems to think I am dark and complicated and mysterious. Am I?
Tags:

No comments: