9/18/05

Sherry-Busy-Party-etc

So I called Fred Sherry when I was practicing and he actually answered!! I talked to him for a bit...he was like, "So , you feel you have learned all of the major cello rep?" And I was like, "ummm...." So I told him I was interested in contemporary music, and he was like, "then you're talking to the right person." And he was what I have done, so I told him about CCE and the Perle etc...and he was like, "sounds great" and we set up a time. He said no money or gifts will be accepted. I would have brought my check-book but he made it sound like he would be checking at the door to not let anything like that in. Fine with me! I think I will leave on Sat morning, have my lesson on Sunday, then maybe come back on tuesday? That would give me a good many days in NYC to have fun! But maybe I should come back and not spend too much money, what do you think? I still have a trip to Houston to worry about also. Things are very very busy this week...2 dress rehearsals, 2 concerts with CCE, double rotation, a lesson, 2 gigs, rehearsals...etc...etc...etc...I do like things when they are busy, though, its so much easier to get things done I think...even though there seems to be no time to actually do it. Some guy asked CCE to play his quartet and Kimberly told him she would talk to us...then he called me and was like, "Kimberly said you are doing it." And I was, fine...then I talk to Kimberly and she says that she never said that...so basically, we are not doing it...there is no time. At all. Ever. Sunny had a party last night which was very fun. It was pretty small and the people were very funny. I think it was a success. Me and Kimberly also walked to the poster store on Monroe Ave and browsed for a long time and didn't buy anything. Went for an iced drink at Starbucks then stopped in at a used bookstore where Kimberly picked up a VHS of Titanic...and I found a copy of this book of short stories set in Chicago with fun drawings...don't know if I will ever read it. I am now working in the library and I realized that I need to find a sub for thursday night, since we have abby's piece...And I totally forgot to get a sub. I hope somebody can do it. Still so much to do today: CCE rehearsal, CCE coaching, dinner with Catilin, and practicing. Should be fun!

No comments: