9/25/05

Corpses and Babies

I need to learn how to get things done. I need to start practicing. I need to be able to play for lessons, auditions, and my recital. Ok, now that I got that out of my system. Tomorrow is orchestral rep and I haven't worked on any of the excerpts since last class...which is really dumb on my part...but I've only practiced about an hour since last class, which is something that needs to be fixed right away... This morning I had a rehearsal with Tania, which went very well. We put together some very hard sections of the Rochberg...a very good piece, I think. It is pretty fun to play also. Now I just need to learn my part better so it sounds good! Worked at the reserve desk for three hours with Chelsea...always an exciting time. I forgot to bring my linguistics or a book, so I was really really bored for three hours...I eventually just started playing yahoo games. Went for a walk with Kimberly...came back and didn't want to do dishes but I did them for as long as I could...and then had a dinner of pita and hummus (completly unacceptable, I know). CCE rehearsal got canceled cause none of us wanted to do it, and we all went to see the Corpse Bride...the new Tim Burton film. This was very dissapointing since it was no more than a bad incarnation of Nightmare Before Chrsitmas. A lot of the 'sets't were the same, even the characters resembled characters from nightmare...basically every scene corresponded to one that occured in nightmare. You know something is wrong when you leave the theater humming songs from a different movie...oops... I have also included a baby picture for those readers that enjoy this type of thing. This baby is realted to me on my mom's side of the family...my great aunt's (or uncle's, I'm not really sure) daughter's daughter's son. I think, don't quote me on that one. Anyways, enjoy the picture.

No comments: