9/28/05

Busy Wednesday

Woke up a bit early for some reason and went to work...which dragged forever. I have no idea why. Musica Nova is worse than ever...I want it to be over soooo badly...I am very much looking forward to the return of Brad Lubman!!! Why can't he be conducting now? Today while working, I checked out two CD's for myself (and modified the due dates of course)...the first: a recording of Musica Nova playing Secret Theatre last year...and second: a large set of Steve Reich Music (10 CD's) I am working on moving that to my computer and Ipod...I figure I can always get rid of what I dont want...and I still have 20gigs of space left on my Ipod! So why not? Phil was only mildly annoying...I think Varon is kind of skimping a bit lately...we play very avergae and he seems to think that it is the second coming. We were playing the Tchaikovsky with Matt and Varon is like, "sounds great, lets move on." and the Johannes is like, "well this isn't working yadda yadda yadda." and Varon is like, "exactly what I was saying" hmmmm...I think he used to be much tougher on us...not that we sound bad now, just that we have sounded MUCH better in the past (Daphnis anyone?). Found out that I am rotated out next rotation (like I requested) and I am playing Phlegra in Musica Nova...it wil be soooooooooooo nice to just have half a single rotation, since this first rotation has almost caused the end of me! I guess normal rotation starts next week, and then after that it will be reduced to half of that...although crazy things will resume when the next phil concert resumes. Found out that I will be sitting principal for Tchaik 6 and the student composition...and Heather will be sitting concertmaster!!! So exciting! I would like to draw your attention to the map at the bottom of the page, if you haven't noticed it already. Apprently I have readers all over the world including Singapore and England...and for some reason a large number visit this blog from Iowa? You should all identify yourselves! Dont' be strangers!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I also thought that the Varone/Johannes exchange was a little strange.

Anonymous said...

Lots of Brad Lubman photos and info here!