I haven't updated in a while...so here's a recap of what has been going on:
- I played two concerts this past weekend featuring cricus performers...it sounds totally cheesy, but it was actually pretty fun, and very entertaining.
- I auditioned for the Milwaukee Symphony...I really hadn't prepared like I should have and I was playing on a cello that just really isn't good enough to be playing auditions on...so obviously, I didn't advance past the first round. But it was nice to see some friends there!
- I spent some time at home in Wilmette with my parents (following the MSO audition)
- I had a personal training session...it was really good, and he showed me a bunch of things I had never done before...now I just have to keep it up.
- I rehearsed the Franck String Quartet in D major with my quartet (the Sturgis Quartet)...out first concert is coming up at the end of October, and we want to be ready!
- I receieved and put together a MALM bed from IKEA...this was not very easy for me...but I managed to get it together...and it looks pretty good! And after a few days the matress has puffed out and become pretty comfortable. pictured above.
- I drove to Houston...see the above paragraph.
- Now you're caught up.