- Recorded Jairo's Piece (in about 2.5 hours!!!). I played OK (wish I could have done some things over again, but we didn't have much time) and there was a lot of traffic noise...hope it turns out ok!!
- Went to Java's several times...and ate at Dim-Sum (see Heather???)
- Had an uneventful flight back to TX (although it did leave very early) and I got to see the NYC skyline when we flew out of Newark (haven't been to NYC in a while now...)
- Played the final performances of the six service gig (Tim Powell's Wedding Mass) out in Baytown. I have officially spent waaaay to much of my life in Baytown now.
- Got lost driving to said gig and we were 20 minutes late and the choir applauded us when we entered. How embarrassing.
- Taught at TH Rogers...always a joy.
- Played my final orchestral repertoire final...and it wasn't too bad (well some excerpts were but surprisingly Brahms-Haydn Variation #5 was good!!)
- Dropped by some favorite Houston spots: Mai's, Hans', RA.
- Saw Mira play in the Houston Symphony Mahler 2 Concert!! Its an amazing piece...and thats all I'll say about that.
- Waited for my Tanglewood assignments and still haven't gotten them.
2 weeks ago